Saturday 4 February 2012

Betrayal & Love

     It's been a while since I've blogged about anything. Though, now I feel like I wanna get this thing of my chest. Earlier today, about a few hours ago, I received a friend request on Facebook, from an old friend of mine (whom I will not name). He was one of my closest friends and one of my closest bros back in high school, that is of course, after he completely betrayed me. How did he do that, you may ask. Well, simply put, he was dating the same girl that I had a crush on back then, I'm pretty sure he knew that I had a crush on her.
     I, myself couldn't believe that he would even do such a thing like that, stabbing me in the back like that. It was fucking terrible for me. The end of 2008 and around the early months of 2009, I saw them both snuggling and almost hugging each other at school events. To be honest, it made me cry, it destroyed me. I was beyond repair. But that was when I was just an immature little brat. Now, looking back at it, it all seems a bit ridiculous and, strangely at the same time, heart-wrenching.
     Whatever the case was, it was a classic love triangle kinda deal, although she was never in love with me (but I'm guessing she knew that I was in love with her). After learning of their relationship, I completely ignored them both for two years (him, mostly) though I've always forgiven her, but I know I won't forgive him. The fact that he just stabbed me in the back like that is just beyond thinkable. We've been good buddies for 3 years and he completely 'killed' me just like that. It was unbearable to even think of it.
     Being betrayed and stabbed in the back is never a good feeling, believe me. I've had so many friends back then, I never even thought about betraying them, stabbing them in the back or even selling them out, because for me, my friends, whether close or not, are the people I hang on to dearly when my family fails me. Their relationship didn't last long though. They broke up about maybe 3 or 4 years ago. I don't know, all I heard was they broke up and that was it. When I first heard the news that they broke up, it didn't affect at all. No joy, no sadness. I couldn't care less because I didn't want to have anything to do with them other than just being mutual friends. When it's over, it's over. 
     Now, he seems to be in another relationship, as well as being in a higher learning institution than me, but I could care less. He's got his life, and I've my own. She on the other hand is also in another relationship and seems to be quite happy. Yet, sometimes I ask myself, 'what was their relationship like?'. Must have been quite happy, because they seem to be in love with each other. But that is all in the past. I've always tried to keep the sweet memories of those days and try to forget the bad ones, but I guess sometimes, the bad memories and ugly past can still catch up with you and haunt you today. Sometimes, I just wish I could go back in time and just forgive him, even if I didn't wanted to, but I suppose forgiving someone is always the wisest thing to do. In the past, I may have forgiven the others (due to the fact that most of them were my friends), but not him. Not ever. Now, the three of us are on our own separate paths. She seems to be happy now and I've always wished her the best. The same, though, I wouldn't say about him, but the past is the past and we are all moving forward to the future. Oh, and about his friend request, I rejected it. It's better this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment